Call centers and contact centers often select contact center solutions based on how well they perform in making or receiving calls. The workforce perspective is rarely taken into consideration as it deserves. Choosing the right contact center software that also helps in better workforce management and improves their performance is necessary.
Asterisk and Freeswitch are the two most popular platforms on which contact center solution development takes place. Freeswitch is open source and it has some features that make life easier for contact center operators and helps them manage their workforce better. Supervisors have barge-in and whisper facility in order to listen to conversations. They can barge in if they find a new employee is in need of assistance without the calling party becoming aware. Similarly, automatic call distribution distributes calls and routes calls intelligently to the right person. Employees are not disturbed and do not waste time in listening to a caller and then transferring the call to someone who is more suited. Call center employees are a busy lot and their cause is helped by the inclusion of a progressive dialer that only connects a call should a live person respond. This works in conjunction with answering machine detection. Multi-level dynamic IVR integration also relieves burden on employees by providing a measure of self-service for callers with calls being routed to live agents only in case of necessity.
How do employees perform is a concern for most supervisors and a special dashboard included in the contact center solution development process addresses this question by giving supervisors one touch access to all employees and their ongoing activities. Supervisors can just as well listen to call recordings and generate real time reports. One feature that is increasingly becoming more common is inclusion of WebRTC and its facility for face to face video chats. Callers certainly like knowing who they are chatting with and this feature also helps employees in call centers gauge mood of callers and adjust their responses.
A streamlined solution for contact center is not just about costs or how many simultaneous calls can be handled, which Freeswitch, by the way, does effortlessly, but it is also about making life easier for employees. Omnichannel support is a given in today’s world where a caller may use any channel to initiate a contact and then take it forward through another channel. A single interface for employees helps them switch lanes effortlessly. A happy workforce, needless to say, performs well.
Freeswitch is an open source platform that is, in many ways, more advanced than similar platforms. It can take care of audio, video and text communications over IP networks and interface with PSTN lines with full support for various protocols and codecs. It can also be used for office phone systems and by telephone carriers offering endpoint services to clients with rich feature sets like voicemail, IVR and conferencing besides including softphone functions.
What makes it so versatile is that at its core it is a library that can be embedded in applications that can run on various operating systems with a host of standalone independent modules. These are the endpoint module commonly used for VoIP Freeswitch development, application module that carries out functions like playing an IVR menu, conferencing and voicemail, dialplan for routing calls and others. Freeswitch development lends itself to customization quite well and it is up to the developer to offer modular solutions or an all inclusive one depending on the needs of customers.
VoIP carriers and service providers will find that if they choose a solution that is based on VoIP Freeswitch development then handling a large volume of calls simultaneously poses no problems and Freeswitch XML configuration permits easy configuration. An added advantage of Freeswitch is that the core API and internal event system take care of communication with an added plus being that WebRTC support is easy. Couple this with the modularity and carriers can choose to include features such as conferencing, fax servers and multi-tenant IVRs to name only a few.
While service providers do benefit by opting for Freeswitch platform, at the other end are users comprising of large and small enterprises that can benefit from modules based on Freeswitch development. Businesses thrive on conference and Freeswitch based conferencing solutions are not only affordable but when tied to WebRTC, offer a rich avenue of communications. Another area where businesses benefit from Freeswitch based solutions is the interactive voice response system. IVRs can be customized for specific functions such as booking appointments, booking tickets, payments, recharges and with a dynamic IVR builder in place, users can configure menus to avoid caller frustration with long wait times.
Since it is open source and free, what this translates to is that even highly customized and sophisticated solutions are possible at pleasingly affordable prices. Finding the right developer like Freeswitch Service is the key to putting in place Freeswitch based solutions that enhance productivity and efficiently.
That’s said, IP PBX is picking the stems in the education sector. Earlier, there was hardly any communication taking place between teachers and parents due to interruptive and expensive communication system. The performance report was the only medium of interaction. But now, with the advances in technology, communication is improved and cost-effective giving the flexibility to teachers, parents and students learn the ongoing academic activities, students’ performance, etc after a specific interval of time.
Today, various schools, colleges, and academic centers have integrated IP PBX solution paving the ways of direct communication between teachers and parents. IP PBX solution is a complete package that boosts overall communication assisting the education sector to create awareness of their approach to learning environment.
Below are the major benefits of IP PBX solution for education sector:
- Increased Communication Effectiveness: IP PBX solutions provides the flexibility to parents directly interact with the teachers using the contact number followed by extension. This direct approach reduces the waiting time for the parent. Besides, due to cheap or zero cost rates, the communication time can be stretched helping parents know in detail the ongoing school activities and the students performance report.
- Call Attending Flexibility: One of the biggest advantages of integrating IP PBX solution is that it provides a couple of features like Find Me/Follow Me, call recording. There can be possibilities that the specific person may not be available around the campus during the call, so this Find Me/ Follow Me redirects the call to the person’s registered number in this case. Furthermore, this incredible solution records the complete call for the future use or quality check no matter the person is speaking via the office number or the alternate registered number.
- No maintenance no support: Earlier using the traditional telephony system there had to be a dedicated person to install the hardware and extra cables to allot business telephony modems to different departments. But now, there is no need. IP PBX solutions eliminates the hassles or mess of these additional resource. IP PBX is a simple software solution that needs to be installed in the main system and the extension can be allocated to different departments using the IP address. Hence, it nullifies the need of a specific human resource.
- Improved Customer Service & Productivity: IP PBX solution, being a software based solution facilitates admin to accumulate and analyze call records such as abandoned calls, callback statistics, average call duration on daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Thus, it offering real-time data enhancing productivity and customer service.
That concludes how IP PBX solution is proved to be effective in education sector.
Ecosmob offers IP PBX solution designed for academic centers with extensible support helping clients’ familiar with the system and ready to operate. So, if you are looking for technology who can help you in developing a customized IP PBX solution as per your needs, email us at email@example.com or contact us at +91-79-40054019.
It would be wrong if we say that healthcare industry does not play a vital role in our lives. Scheduling regular appointments while calling at the clinics or hospitals is mandatory. If we look at it, appointment scheduling is a daunting task for human attendants because it is not at all easy to manage large call volume at a time. Sometimes, the attendants get exhausted to schedule appointments. On the other hand, while human attendants are managing these calls, the duration to fix doctor’s appointment is limited. Hence, patients have to be enormously particular about the call timings and book appointments.
How about scheduling doctor’s appointment is automated via IVR? Being an automated system, IVR can be of great help to the healthcare centers to improve communication and can be of great benefit to the hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare centers.
Below are the enthralling benefits of using IVR in Healthcare Industry for Appointment Scheduling:
- Reduces Workload: As said, it is not at all an easy task to manage large call volume for human attendants. Sometimes, there are only a couple of calls to attend and sometimes, the count increases to a huge number. How would a human attendant manage? The aftermath would be either getting pissed off or leave the job. The appointment booking IVR is a miraculous solution reducing the work of the human and simplifying the task by scheduling the appointments using a voice prompt.
- Convenience to Patients: Yes, you heard it right! This remarkable IVR solution offers 24* 7 support to patients eliminating the calling time restriction. It’s actually a relief to the patients as it gives the flexibility to fix the appointment anytime without risking your routine work.
- Improved Patients’ Satisfaction: In most cases, patients don’t seem to be satisfied when fixing appointments via human attendants. It is indeed not possible for a human to attend multiple calls and schedule appointment as per doctors and patients’ convenience. While using this IVR solution, whenever a patient calls, it receives an SMS or email about what the conversation was about with the appointment time. This indeed develops a sense of trust and satisfies the patient.
- Access to Calendar for Booking: This automated IVR appointment booking enables to access the calendar to avoid scheduling barriers. For instance; doctors won’t be available during holidays or off to vacations. In such cases, automated appointment booking IVR can provide patients either preceding or succeeding dates for health check-ups. Also, this automated solution can shoot an email or SMS to inform patients’ about appointment rescheduling.
- Minimize human errors: The traditional calling system wherein human attendants manage the large call volumes, possibilities to create blunders in fixing appointment resulting in patients and doctors disappointment. This automated attendant minimizes these errors to none streamlining the appointment fixing task and developing a level of trust and transparency amongst both the entities; patients and doctors.
When this automated IVR appointment scheduling system is offering an oodle of benefits why to stick with the traditional calling system and unnecessarily create a stressful environment for your employees. Ecosmob offers commendable appointment booking IVR solutions making this task easy, quick and effective. If you have a thought to develop such solution for your healthcare center, drop your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-79-40054019. Our team will further assist you developing a better solution as per your requirements.